Board Meeting Agenda
May 16, 2016
Copies of the finalized agenda were posted at _____: am on
___________________on or before the third day prior to the meeting date by _____________________, _____________________________
DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
THE GARDNERVILLE RANCHOS GENERAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT WILL PROVIDE WATER SERVICE, SEWER SERVICE, STREET MAINTENANCE AND PARKS AND RECREATION SERVICES IN A MANNER THAT WILL ENHANCE THE QUALITY OF LIFE WITHIN OUR DISTRICT
AGENDA: May 19, 2016, Thursday, 5:00 p.m. District Office, 931 Mitch Dr. Gardnerville Ranchos
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ALL MATTERS ON THE BOARD AGENDA ARE SCHEDULED WITH POSSIBLE BOARD ACTION:
NOTICE REGARDING NRS 237:
The Trustees of the Gardnerville Ranchos General Improvement District have adopted a policy in section 10.3.5 of the District’s Policies and Procedures Manual regarding Business Impact Statements. When the Board of Trustees approves its agenda, it also approves a motion, which includes ratification of staff action taken pursuant to NRS 237.030 et. seq. with respect to items on this evening’s agenda and determines that each Rule which is on tonight’s agenda for which a BIS has been prepared does impose a direct and significant economic burden on a business or directly restricts the formation, operation or expansion of a business and each Rule which is on tonight’s agenda for which a BIS has not been prepared does not impose a direct and significant economic impact on a business or directly restrict the formation, operation or expansion of a business. When the individual Trustees vote on a matter on this agenda, the Trustees each certify that the matter has been reviewed and that the Trustee’s vote is cast in compliance with NRS 281, NRS 318 and the District’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
Notice: Items on the agenda may be taken out of order; two or more agenda items may be combined for consideration; and items may be removed from the agenda or discussion relating thereto delayed at any time.
(NO ACTION) this portion of the meeting is open to the public to speak on any topic not on tonight’s agenda and must be limited to five minutes
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA:
For possible action: Board action to approve and to incorporate in the motion for approval of agenda the motion set forth in Section 10.3.5 of the District’s Policies and Procedures Manual regarding Business Impact Statements, after Board discussion and public comment.
For Possible Action: Board Action on Approval of the minutes of the May 4, 2016 Board Meeting after Board Discussion and public comment.
District Engineer’s Report
District Counsel’s Report
District Manager’s Report
- For Possible Action: Board discussion on the award of the fiscal year 2016-2017 Street Maintenance Project. Board discussion followed by public comment. Possible Board action to award the fiscal year 2016-2017 Street Maintenance Project to Sierra Nevada Construction in the amount of $394,007.02. Action Item – District Staff (15 minutes)
- For Possible Action: Board discussion regarding charging service charges for people who use credit cards. Board discussion followed by public comment. Possible Board action to start charging for credit card use to offset the fees paid by the District to the credit card processing company. Action Item – Board of Trustees (20 minutes)
- The Board will recess to meet with counsel in a meeting that excludes the public. The board will meet with counsel to receive information from counsel to the district regarding potential or existing litigation involving a matter over which the Board has supervision, control, jurisdiction, or advisory power and to deliberate toward a decision on the matter. NON ACTION ITEM (30 minutes)
- For Possible Action: Board discussion regarding a demand from the Minden Gardnerville Sanitation District. Board discussion followed by public comment. Possible board action to decide what action the Board will take regarding a demand for funds by MGSD to offset the cost of building a heating system using by products produced by the MGSD sewage treatment plant. Action Item District Staff and Board (20 minutes)
Consent Calendar: For Possible Action:
- Monthly Payables: For Possible Action
Board discussion followed by public comment. Possible action to approve Consent Calendar.
Board of Trustees
(NO ACTION) This portion of the meeting is open to the public to speak on any topic not on tonight’s agenda and must be limited to five minutes.
Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically handicapped persons desiring to attend the meeting. Please call Dawn Hinds at (775) 265-2048 in advance so that arrangements may be conveniently made.
This agenda has been posted on or before 9:00 a.m. on the third working day before the meeting at the following locations:
Agendas are posted at the District Office, DCSO Substation Tillman Center, Scarselli Elementary School, C.C. Meneley Elementary School, 7-11 on Tillman Ln., P.J. Liquors and on the World Wide Web at www.grgid.com. The amount of time given for each item on this agenda is approximate.