Board Meeting Agenda
October 26, 2017
Copies of the finalized agenda were posted at _____: am on
___________________on or before the third day prior to the meeting date by _____________________, _____________________________
DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
THE GARDNERVILLE RANCHOS GENERAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT WILL PROVIDE WATER SERVICE, SEWER SERVICE, STREET MAINTENANCE AND PARKS AND RECREATION SERVICES IN A MANNER THAT WILL ENHANCE THE QUALITY OF LIFE WITHIN OUR DISTRICT
AGENDA: November 1, 2017, Wednesday, 6:00 p.m. District Office, 931 Mitch Dr. Gardnerville Ranchos
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ALL MATTERS ON THE BOARD AGENDA ARE SCHEDULED WITH POSSIBLE BOARD ACTION:
NOTICE REGARDING NRS 237:
The Trustees of the Gardnerville Ranchos General Improvement District have adopted a policy in section 10.3.5 of the District’s Policies and Procedures Manual regarding Business Impact Statements. When the Board of Trustees approves its agenda, it also approves a motion, which includes ratification of staff action taken pursuant to NRS 237.030 et. seq. with respect to items on this evening’s agenda and determines that each Rule which is on tonight’s agenda for which a BIS has been prepared does impose a direct and significant economic burden on a business or directly restricts the formation, operation or expansion of a business and each Rule which is on tonight’s agenda for which a BIS has not been prepared does not impose a direct and significant economic impact on a business or directly restrict the formation, operation or expansion of a business. When the individual Trustees vote on a matter on this agenda, the Trustees each certify that the matter has been reviewed and that the Trustee’s vote is cast in compliance with NRS 281, NRS 318 and the District’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
Notice: Items on the agenda may be taken out of order; two or more agenda items may be combined for consideration; and items may be removed from the agenda or discussion relating thereto delayed at any time.
(NO ACTION) this portion of the meeting is open to the public to speak on any topic not on tonight’s agenda and must be limited to five minutes
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA:
For possible action: Board action to approve and to incorporate in the motion for approval of agenda the motion set forth in Section 10.3.5 of the District’s Policies and Procedures Manual regarding Business Impact Statements, after Board discussion and public comment.
For Possible Action: Board Action on Approval of the minutes of the October 4, 2017. Discussion and public comment.
District Engineer’s Report
District Counsel’s Report
District Manager’s Report
- For Possible Action: Board discussion on a presentation of the District’s 2016-2017 audit. Board discussion followed by public comment. Possible Board Action to accept and approve the 2016-2017 fiscal year audit. Action Item – Paul Tibma representing VT Williams & Associates. (30 minutes)
- For Possible Action: Discussion regarding Resolution 17-04 incorporating the update to the District’s personnel manual. Board discussion followed by public comment. Possible action to adopt Resolution 17-04 approving changes to the District Personnel Manual as suggested by the Human Resources arm of the Nevada Public Agency Insurance Pool. Action Item – District Staff (10 minutes)
- For Possible Action: Discussion regarding signature card changes. Board discussion followed by public comment. Possible action to add Greg Reed as an authorized signatory at Heritage Bank and the Nevada Local Government Investment Pool and remove Bob Spellberg from the same. Action Item – District Staff (10 minutes)
- For Possible Action: Discussion regarding the status of the newly hired District Manager during the transition to his replacement at Round Hill G.I.D. Board discussion followed by public comment. Possible action to authorize the newly hired District Manager to continue to work on a part time basis to support the transition to the new District Manager at Round Hill G.I.D. Action Item – District staff (15 minutes)
Consent Calendar: For Possible Action:
- Monthly Payables: For Possible Action
Board discussion followed by public comment. Possible action to approve Consent Calendar.
Board of Trustees
(NO ACTION) This portion of the meeting is open to the public to speak on any topic not on tonight’s agenda and must be limited to five minutes.
Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically handicapped persons desiring to attend the meeting. Please call Dawn Hinds at (775) 265-2048 in advance so that arrangements may be conveniently made.
This agenda has been posted on or before 9:00 a.m. on the third working day before the meeting at the following locations:
Agendas are posted at the District Office, DCSO Substation Tillman Center, Scarselli Elementary School, C.C. Meneley Elementary School, 7-11 on Tillman Ln., P.J. Liquors and on the World Wide Web at www.grgid.com. The amount of time given for each item on this agenda is approximate.